Read 0 reviews of Blackwell golf club
Blackwell golf club was formed in 1893 with a nine hole course on part of Lord Hewell Estate. It was extended to eighteen holes in 1923. The Course measures 6260 yards with a par of 70 and an SSS of 71. Today, Blackwell is a club where golfers will find everything which is traditional to the history of the game. Indeed, the club's values are based on and dedicated to, the ideals which first inspired the game of golf - a fair but demanding test of skill and intelligence. Both halves have a tough finish. The pond at the 9th has to be carried some 200 Yards from the back Tee in order to hit this green - anything less than a perfect strike will have a watery grave. The 18th is a memorable finishing hole with a challenging second shot to a narrow sloping green beside the club house. A magnificent Beech Tree, adjacent to the green, is always waiting to play a part in the last hole dramas. During the 1990's Blackwell played host as a Regional Qualifying Course for the Open on six occasions. Visitors are welcome during the week.
Played here recently? Join The Social Golfer and then Write your review.
Official Travel Partner:
Official Media Partner:
Golf Offers Partner:
All Content Copyright ©
The Social Golfer Ltd