Read 0 reviews of Peninsula Golf Club
The Peninsula Country Golf Club opened in 1925 with the purchase of 450 acres of land plus the associated property (Tower House, a painting of which hangs in the clubhouse today).
In a comparatively short time, an 11-hole links was made available, along with a putting green, tennis courts and croquet lawn, garages and a professional's house. The final 7 holes were opened 18 months later in September 1926.
A further 9 holes were completed in 1948.
In the early 1960's a decision was made to build a new clubhouse at the present location, and to create two 18-hole courses (later named The North Course and The South Course).
The new (and current) clubhouse was officially opened on 22 July 1967.
The Peninsula Club's course are both ranked in "Australia's Top 50 Courses", the North ranked 18 and the South 44.
While the South has long been known as one of Australia's tough and testing championship courses, the North has recently come into its own after remodelling. In 2003, D. Oliver, one of Australia's top golf writers and authors, called it "the best course renovation ever completed in Australia."
Both courses have hosted important amateur and professional events and are known for their excellent couch fairways, bent grass greens and traditional sandbelt bunkering.
Two superb courses always maintained to a very high standard at a very prestigious golf club.
Visitors are restricted (mainly out of State). Contact club for details
Played here recently? Join The Social Golfer and then Write your review.
Official Travel Partner:
Official Media Partner:
Golf Offers Partner:
All Content Copyright ©
The Social Golfer Ltd