Crown Golf Partners

Golf Forums - Watching golf live

Watching golf live Options
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2008 9:16:00 PM
Handicap: 12
Kent
Pro Member

Hi,

I was watching some highlights on the TV the other night and it got me thinking about watching golf live. I watch golf on TV all the time but have given up going to the course to watch as i dont think you get great value unless it is abroad or a small comp here. The last open I watched live was at Sandwich and there were so meny people there you could not move so I ended up sitting around a green for two hours then watching the rest on the TV screens. No more opens for me.

Then i went to the European open at the london club as it was a small comp here and as expected there were far few people there and you were able to watch some good golf players but the Sunday was terrible weather and again i watched on the TV screens.

So .. The point is -  is it worth going to see golf live when we have great coverage on the TV with a beer in one hand and live pause remote in the other.. Whats your thoughts??

Regards

Steve

#2 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2008 5:03:00 AM
Handicap: 28

Hi Steve,As a retired champion golfer and taking into account the splended coverage you get these days on TV it's no wonder people gravitate to the loungeroom armchair to watch golf,but nothing beats being there.The atmosphere cannot be replaced with a beer in front of the telie.I've done it all,played in them, watched from the crowd when I failed to qualify for the final two days,and been a couch potatoe.Good Luck and enjoy whichever way you watch this great game of GOLF.   John Curtis email  bon123@wirefree net au

#3 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2008 3:31:00 PM
Handicap: 0
Essex
Pro Member

Hi John, a retired Champion Golfer aye.  Where did you play? and do you still play now? 

#4 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 12:15:00 PM
Handicap: 28

Hi Steve,I am 74 years old and do not play golf nowdays.I became a member of The Australian Golf Club in 1950 and am still a member.I won the club championship in 1951 at 16years of age and represented N.S.W. in Perth in 1952.I  played on a one handicap for a number of years and my last handicap was eight when I ceased playing golf in 1984 for business reasons.There isnt enough room to list my golfing record here but My Skype name is-----johncurtis5164   If you use the system we can talk and see each other,if you have a webcam,at no cost.Regards   John Curtis.     email bon123@wirefree.net.au