Crown Golf Partners

Golf Forums - Lynx Hybrids....wow!

Lynx Hybrids....wow! Options
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:52:06 PM
Handicap: 18
Essex
Pro Member

Being very traditional when it comes to golf clubs, I have shunned hybrids from their inception, prefering to rely upon my tried, but becoming less and less trusty 3 and 4 irons. Attending the London, Golf Live show, I came across an old golfing name, one whose clubs I used 'in the old days' and loved to bits - Lynx.

The team there were more than helpful, and I spent quite some time trying their new range, but as I have only recently invested in a new set of clubs, it was only really out of curiosity...until I tried the Hybrids. They have two ranges..The Predator and the Parallax. I firstly tried the Predator, and sculled 7 out of 7 low left. Immediately one of the chaps, relieved me of it and placed a Parallax in my hands, and immediately again I sent ball after ball perfectly straight, with, if anything a beautiful draw. I was hooked,and bought both the 3 and 4 (20 and 23 degree) clubs. They are perhaps the easiest clubs to swing in my bag, and from out of the rough they have proved to be a Godsend. They are the kind of club where you feel you know where the head is at all times...I feel completely in control of it.  

Clearly it is necessary to try out both, to ensure you have the right club for you, but I can honestly say that, having tried many Hybrids, none have impressed me sufficiently for me to change my attitude towards them, until I came across these. If you're in the market for Hybrids ... give 'em a go..oh! and BTW, I bought them for a concessionary price of £80 each, ..certainly fantastic value for money.