Unique Golf Courses of the world Options
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 7:48:29 AM
Bob Davies
Bob Davies
Handicap: 28
Victoria
Pro Member

Hi Everyone.

As each one of us heads out to play a round of golf, sometime we have to contend with dress codes of each golf club, some you can wear spiked golf shoes and others you cannot, some courses here in Australia you can't wear thongs, shorts,or singlets, which in my opinion is great.

As I have never played golf in the U.K no doubt there will be different dress codes for different golf clubs and no doubt the same applies to golf in Europe.

However there is just a golf club that goes against any dress code we know, and that is a Unique Golf Course in France called "La Jenny Naturist Golf Course" which was created in 1993, it is a 6 hole par 3 golf course and there is no dress code what so ever.

The simple fact is that everyone plays their round of golf in the Nude, it has been voted as one of the coolest golf courses in the world, and is regarded as only golf course in the world where you can play golf in the nude.

I know that a lot of golfers like to sometimes clean the mud and dirt off their balls while playing around  and I guess that would apply here, and it would be quite strange when having to pick up your ball out of the hole.

Happy golfing everyone.

Scottish Bob
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 12:42:24 PM
Steve Hunt
Steve Hunt
Handicap: 19
uk
Pro Member

This is a course for our resident French member, over to you Brigitte we look forward to the pictures and course review
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 5:24:59 PM
Speedy
Speedy
Handicap: 12
Essex
Pro Member

Thongs as in Flip Flops?
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 9:10:02 PM
Bob Davies
Bob Davies
Victoria
Pro Member

Hi Guys

Yes Flip flops are called thongs over here, and not the "thongs" you are thinking of, I have a couple of photos of the Nude golfers on the  golf course but not quite sure how and if I can post then on the forum

Have a great day

Scottish Bob
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2017 1:59:06 PM
Brigitte Lockwo...
Brigitte Lockwood
Handicap: 26
Middlesex
Pro Member

Hi all,
Glad to get a mention by Steve Hunt,  will deliberate later as I am rather busy following our new gorgeous, handsome , highly educated , highly intelligent new French President.
Vive la France
Vive le Golf (au naturel or with things/flip flops.
Vive le TSG

Brigitte

#6 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 10:27:08 AM
TheSocialGolfer
TheSocialGolfer
Handicap: 13
UK
Pro Member

Surely there a comment to be had by our very own Naked Golfer?

Step forward Steve Duffy...
#7 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 1:45:53 PM
Steve Duffy
Steve Duffy
Handicap: 22
West Sussex
Pro Member

I'm confused a bit because if it's the only golf club allowing nakedness, then where are the players of next years 2018 Nude Golf International Championship going to play? They had booked up at Wairau Valley Golf Club in New Zealand. 

Guess they best get their thinking caps on...................if that's allowed withing the rules of nude golfing :o)
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 7:20:37 AM
Bob Davies
Bob Davies
Victoria
Pro Member

Hi Steve

It was back in 2013 that I first read about the La Jenny Nude Golfing and after trying for many months to obtain a golf club scorecard from there, and eventually receiving one from them for my collection I never gave it much thought after that.

However in 2014 I decided to try and write a small arcticle about the unique golf club,  and after much searching on the internet and reading about the clubs short history, I could find no other Nude Golf being played anywhere else in the world, and these were the "Bare" facts of my conclusion without being "Cheeky"

It is great news for me to hear that another Nude golf tournmament is going being held in New Zealand in 2018 if you hear of any other news about it could you please keep me up to date as I would love to be able to obtain a scorecard from that tournament.

Have a great day mate

Scottish Bob