Crown Golf Partners

Golf Forums - PLEASE READ - Email & Notifications Update (Tues 15th May)....

PLEASE READ - Email & Notifications Update (Tues 15th May).... Options
#1 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 1:48:33 PM
Handicap: 0
Essex
Pro Member

Dear TSGers,

As some of you know, we have been experiencing some email delivery issues with some members over the last week.

In addition, we have also found a bug (yesterday) with Game updates/Game comments and Members joining your games
nottification updates e.g....

1 - Game Invites  - Problem
2 - Comments on games getting through - Problem
3 - Members joining my game updates - Problem

4 - TSG email messages are OK
5 -
Fourm updates are OK
6 - TSG Newsletter are OK
7 - Emails direct from TSG Team are OK

Alas, there does not seem to be any 
'ryhme or reason' to the filtering of emails either to spam files or emails being blocks completely.

HOWEVER, we do think we have found the issues relating to the Top 3 issue mentioned above and the Dev Team are
currenty working on updates to reoslve this. PLEASE CHECK ON YOUR GAMES via the site while we fix this.

In the meantime, we have a 'cunning plan' regarding general deleivery of our emails to your email provider inbox.....

In order to improve our reputation (which we
beleive is excellent!) we have concluded that one thing that may help us all, is if as many of us as possible, add theteam@thesociagolfer.com address to your Contacts List.

As such, we've put together a step-by -step guide by provider to help you. Click on the link below....

ADDING TSG TO YOUR EMAIL CONTACT LIST

So far we have performed this work
alround with x10 individual TSGers in the last 48hours with a 100% success rate. 

Any problems, email us at the usual address or call us in the office on 01277 200207

#
GoDevTeam

Ian & The TSG Development Team 
----------------------------------------------------

#2 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 2:00:57 PM
Handicap: 20
Bedfordshire
Pro Member

Have done absolutely nothing, and after reading this thread went straight to my email app and lo and behold, new games, message notification and notification of this thread.

Well done

jb

#3 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 2:04:55 PM
Handicap: 23
London
Pro Member

I changed my email address on the site and received emails for my old address dated 16th
#4 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 2:09:12 PM
Essex
Pro Member

Us too (37 updates arrived just now in the space of 30 secs!).....clever people these developers - It's all zeroes and ones to us!

#AndRelax

Meanwhile, please keep adding us to your email provider Contacts List as this will prevent similar issue in the future!

Thank you so much for you're pateince whilst we resolved the matter.

Now, lets play golf!

Ian & The TSG Team
------------------------------
#5 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2018 9:06:27 PM
Handicap: 7
Herts
Pro Member

Ian,all of mine have arrived 42 in total,for one brief moment I felt popular. Well done!!
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2018 11:57:32 AM
Handicap: 28
Middlesex
Pro Member

All is well at my end.

Thanks Team

Brigitte

#7 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 11:52:57 AM
Essex
Pro Member

Hi all,

Further to our update last week, some of you with i-Cloud email accounts are still experiencing delivery issues with TSG notifications.

As such, we contacted Apple directly yesterday and after three escalations to Senior Engineers, none could work out why TSG emails may not be getting through to members. And they once again confirmed we were not on any known email blacklists. Therefore, we must now wait for Apple to investiage the issue. 

Luckily, i-Cloud only makes up about 3% of TSG members email accounts but rest assured we are doing all we can to help those members to overcome these issues.

In the meantime, if anyone else on Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Outlook, Live, Hotmail are still having any delvery issues, please try the fix at the top of this thread or contact us at theteam@thesocialgolfer.com 

Kind Regards

Ian & The TSG Dev Team
-----------------------------------

#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 5:11:38 PM
Essex
Pro Member

Hi All,

Calling all i-Cloud users.... we have just recieved this from Apple recognising it a fault at their end... fingers crossed....

------------------------------------

Dear Ian (TSG),

My name is Dawn and I am a colleague of Chris who is out of the office on Holiday. I wanted to give you an update that I have heard from the engineers and they are hoping to have a resolution to your email delivery issue within the next few days.

Once they update us I will contact you again.  In the meantime I wanted to thank you for your patience regarding this matter and to assure you that I will be at your disposal until the issue is resolved. If you have any concerns or questions then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a great day.

Kind regards
Dawn Walker

-----------------------------------

#9 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 3:26:10 PM
Handicap: 12
North London
Pro Member

Your SSL cert has expired. I blame the hosting company ;)

At least you're not with UK Fast any more, that bunch of crooks need to be taken out and shot.

#10 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 3:54:38 PM
Essex
Pro Member

Yes Steve, I blame the site owner for not sending renewed cert. to devs earlier in week.

#schoolboyerror

Hopefully, all back in place later on today!

Ian & The TSG Team
----------------------------