Crown Golf Partners

Golf Forums - 01.01.2019 countdown

01.01.2019 countdown Options
#1 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 8:57:29 PM
Handicap: 18
Bedfordshire
Pro Member

So all change for a few of the rules and simplified reading in the rule book from January 1st.

Here's one that was showing itself today in my news feed - one that we can all use sometime on a round. 

www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/new-golf-rules-explained-local-rules-170233
#2 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 11:38:11 PM
Handicap: 27
Middlesex
Pro Member

Playing for 4 when dropping on Fairways makes sense (when Tee shot OOB or ball not found) .

Flagstick in will speed up play, does help with line on long putts but for short putts I think it is better to have flag out.....

Will TSGers, golf societies within TSG make up their own « local rules « ..... that is going to be interesting .

One new rule that is harsher , I think , is dropping out of the bunker with a 2 penalty stroke whilst it used to be 1 stroke penalty and most  players never actually used or knew this Rule ........

Thank you John for your post , very appropriate.

What is on your Christmas wishing list ?

Brigitte

#3 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 2:06:05 PM
Handicap: 20
essex
Pro Member

Only thing with playing your fourth shot from the fairway is that it's still quite probable to score points from this position. I see the speeding up side argument. However if you take a second shot off the tee and it too goes out of bounds then it's ever so unrealistic to score.
This rule might help those who, like me, tend to hit long but are prone to ocassionally not keeping the ball in play.