Crown Golf Partners

Golf Forums - Help needed - custom fitting for new irons

2 Pages <12
Help needed - custom fitting for new irons Options
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 1:54:00 PM
Handicap: 28
Kent

if you go thro your local pro or any major stockist custom fitting is free of charge.

#22 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 7:43:00 AM
Kent

Custom fitting is not a luxury, does not make you a budding pro and isn't the answer to the fact you hook and slice.It can help your game as you no longer need to compensate for the fact that you swing "as suggested above" like a gorilla.The one guarentee it can give you is that no longer can you blame your clubs for you hitting the ball badly (if you're still hitting it everywhere then it's definately your swing that's the problem). Even though I have a custom fit I don't play like Tiger (well I do now he's off unfit - which is about as well as I play) but at least I don't stand on the tee thinking it's my clubs that cocked up... It's always me... So it's up to you guys - one less thing to moan about, in the club house afterwards) so you can get on and fix the real problems sounds like a deal - especially as you can custom fit any club (except possibly Donnay!!!) and it should not cost you a bean as usually they take the fitting cost off of the clubs. If a club pro says you're a standard fit then he probably makes more profit out of the club he's trying to flog you or he's over ordered on his stock of clubs in the shop.... The only difference you need to know is what type of cavity/size of club you need - then try them all out, find one you love the feel of and then get a fitted version - any pro worth anything will let you try out different clubs then advise custom fit...

#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:57:00 PM
Kent

Did you check out the clubs, decide on one that suits you/you liked and then get them custom fitted? and if so by whom?

#24 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:18:00 AM
Kent

Hi Pete

I went to the brabazon at the Belfry and they have a wonderful driving range there with multi fitting bays. I tested loads from the club house then I went into the fitting room, they fit you with sensors and test everything about your swing. I originally wanted Callaways, but they convinced me that that wasn't the right club. But they gave me all the measurements I needed, which I took away and then was offered a fitting day at Ping in Lincolnshire. Took the measurements there, they re-measured and I finally bought Ping, very forgiving clubs. Doesn't mean I play better - but sure that I can't blame the clubs as I spent the whole day there - they also custom fit putters with loft and lie angles - the amazing thing is that Ping will re set any clubs for there lifetime for free????.

But originally my pro at my club would get me a 6 iron - any make of my choice and let me play with it for a couple of weeks so that by the time I decided which ones I wanted at least I knew I liked the club..

Definately try the MAT room at the Belfy for fitting (only costs a lot if you don't buy your clubs from there) but the fitting is the most accurate. As you know though Pete - I still can't hit the flaming ball straight - well it's getting a little better these days....

Kev