5 Pages <1234>»
Members who have scored an 'Ace' Options
#21 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 9:53:35 PM
Handicap: 23
Essex
Pro Member

Darren Bigmore wrote:
Darren Bigmore scored an ACE at . See his card

I can't believe you did this whilst your best mate was playing somewhere else!!

Well done mate, I'll b expecting to see one from your next week!!
#22 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 4:41:23 PM
Handicap: 19
Surrey

It must have been "National Hole in One Week" last week!!

Now you have done the perfect shot.....what next!!

Great stuff Paul.

Enjoy the fame.
#23 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 4:49:11 PM
Handicap: 28
Essex
Pro Member

Darren Bigmore wrote:
Darren Bigmore wrote:
Darren Bigmore scored an ACE at . See his card

Stapleford Abbotts - Priors

12th Hole 152 Yds, 8 Iron, hit the front of green and rolled into the hole.

Darren, only got in the game as Adam Peek's guest pulled out Saturday morning and he contacted Adam who told him to come along
#24 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 9:48:28 AM
Handicap: 23
Suffolk
Pro Member

Paul Langford wrote:
Paul Langford scored an ACE at . See his card
My first one what a fab feeling my heart is still in my throat couldn't sleep last night had a few drinks as well.
It was a 121 yard 8 iron at the 14th at Weald Park its an up hill tee shot over a pond
It pitched about 10 feet from the pin and rolled back down the slope. It then dissapeared behind a bank. heading towards the pin not a bad shot
We walked up onto the green and Alan Haywood who was walking in front of us, turned to me and Dennis who was in our 4 ball and said. i dont want to say anything but there is only one ball on the green all 3 of us thought it was Dennis's ball which had gone in. But as we walked closer i could see the writing on his ball. I was nearly sick .i said god i think its my ball. So my joy began 3 minutes or more after the ball had hit the bottom of the cup. but what a great feeling it capped off a very good round  41 points.
By the way it was after the Lord Mayor's show on the next green where i 4 putted.

I can just imagine the cheesy grin that you had for the rest of the round, in fact I'm sure its still there now.
Well done fella. Lyndon
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:06:30 AM
Handicap: 11
Cheshire

It wasn't at a TSG game - they are thin on the ground oop north - but I got my first hole in one just before Christmas at my home course, Reddish Vale in Stockport

2nd hole - a 150 yard carry over a ravine. I hit a 7 wood but thinned it. It hit the bank in front of the green like a bullet and then I lost the ball in the low bright winter sun.

After searching at the back of the green one of my playing partners found my ball in the hole! This came exactly one year to the day after taking up golf and joining Reddish Vale.

Hoefully next time I'll actually see the ball go in!
#26 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:10:18 AM
Handicap: 0
Essex
Pro Member

What a shame! Still must have been nice to see a '1' on the card!!

:-)

#27 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:08:09 AM
Handicap: 16
Surrey

geoffrey saunders scored an ACE at Salgados Golf Club. See his card
#28 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2012 6:15:01 PM
Handicap: 8
VA

I've been really lucky; I"ve had 3, the first two at the same hole on the Manakin Course at Hermitage CC in Richmond, VA.  There's a story behind the third. 

Playing in the senior club championship two years ago, came to the fourth hole, a short par 3 over water.  Chunked the tee shot into the pond.  I went down to the drop area, and proceeded to rinse four more into the pond.  I finally managed to hit what was my 11th shot onto the green, and two putt for a "crowd pleasing 13". 

Next day, next round....15th hole, longer par 3, again over water.  Hit a beautiful 7 iron, just to the right of the back pin, but we all lost sight of it against the setting sun.  Walked up to the green, and whaddaya know...the ball hit just right of the cup and rolled in for an ace. 

So, I managed a 13 on one par three one day, and an ace on a different one the next.  Golf...huh?

Bob C
#29 Posted : Saturday, March 17, 2012 10:12:17 AM
Handicap: 16
cheshire

Nice to see someone else shoot an ace on the Algarve. Salgados is a right biatch of a course too so many congrats Geoffrey.
My 'perfect strike' still resides in a #1 wooden trophy block since hitting the bottom of the cup on the 145 metre 7th hole at Parque Da Floresta 18th May 1993/
11 people in the clubhouse but only 8 quid for the round of drinks as most were already on their driving limit!
I'm praying for another one.......
#30 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 10:05:52 AM
Kent
Pro Member

My claim to ace was in 2000.  Par 3 8th at Royal Blackheath.  Both of our shots looked perfect and being on the green on this hole is always a treat as it is surrounded by bunkers.  You can only see the base of the flag as you approach the green and one ball was next to the pin and the other was the other side of the pin.  One dropped just as we were walking round to the green so we did not know until we got there who's it was.  It was mine.  My partner was gutted to lose a hole she had birdied, but knew I would be buying the drinks later, so she got over it.  I had only been a member of the club for 4 months and so was eager to meet new people in the clubhouse to help celebrate.  It was a Saturday - and one of the quietest on record - but those I did meet were some of the key members and have become good friends.  My round cost me £7.50.  Not a bad result :-)
#31 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 11:04:30 AM
Handicap: 28
Hertfordshire

Peter Clarke scored an ACE at . See his card
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:42:42 PM
Handicap: 17
Sheffield North

I had two 'hole in one' scores in my golfing life and amazingly I had the two on the same hole in my local club in successive years 2007/8

#33 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:51:24 PM
Handicap: 27
Middlesex
Pro Member

Gary Cartlidge scored an ACE at . See his card
#34 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:01:29 PM
Middlesex
Pro Member

GAry Cartledge :  Hole in One

Bletchingley

17th Par 3

Well done Gary !!!!!

#35 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:00:35 PM
Surrey

Brilliant stuff Gary.

Well done mate.
#36 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:43:29 PM
Kent
Pro Member

Welcome to the club Gary.  Good job you didn't shoot your ace on Saturday, but what the heck - you can buy us a drink anyway!

#37 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 2:28:34 PM
Handicap: 20
West Sussex
Pro Member

Steve Duffy scored an ACE at Rustington Golf Centre. See his card
#38 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 8:07:00 PM
Middlesex
Pro Member

Congratulations Steve, you are a Champ. as well as "the Naked Golfer", the" Highest scorer" on the Leaderboard and a wonderful blue & black knee....
#39 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 10:33:44 PM
Kent
Pro Member

Hey Steve - great news!  Looking forward to meeting you.  Mine's a large chablis.  Jude

#40 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2013 1:17:59 PM
Handicap: 20
West Sussex
Pro Member

Thanks all.
It was a fun hole. Long 188 yards along the side of a lake. Popped it up and thought hmmm, that seems to be rolling on nicely, unfortunately a little to dark to see everything.
Walked towards hole and couldn't see the ball. As the guys on the next tee hadn't shouted at all, I ssumed that it must have rolled off the back. Looked around but couldn't see anything in the grass. Then spotted a ball under a bush. What a let down!
Until I pulled it out with a club to find that it wasn't mine. That's when I really started considering the impossible.
Walked back to the hole, and just wished there was someone there to share the moment. Still felt good, but have to admit, without the adulation of playing partners, there was something missing.
Had to text the missus, and tell her to put a bottle of champagne in the fridge :o)