As you know TSG offer:
- Game Scorecard Tracking
- Graphical Game Analysis Tools
- Golf Handicap Tracking Software
- Golf HANDICAP CERTIFICATE (downloaded to your PC as many times as you want).
Some members have asked us to clarify the difference between the TSG Handicap Certificate and a Club Handicap Certificate and an Internet Handicap Certificate.
- An affiliated Golf Club in the UK (ie a club 'affiliated' to one of the Golf Unions) will use scores submitted in club competitions to calculate changes in Player's Handicaps. The actual calculation methods used are the same for all clubs ie the CONGU UHS Calculation method (Council of Golf Unions Unified Handicap System)
- An affiliated Golf Club in the USA (ie a club 'affiliated' to the USGA) will use scores submitted in club competitions to calculate changes in Player's Handicaps. The actual calculation methods used are the same for all clubs ie the USGA Handicap Calculation method (similar to the UK calculation but includes use of Course Rating, calculation of Playing Handicap based on Slope etc).
- The TSG Handicap Tracking system provides TSG Members with the ability to track their handicap based on an implementation of either UK or USGA Handicap Calculation methods. The major differences between a TSG Handicap and a Club Handicap is that:
1/ A TSG Handicap is arguably more accurate and more flexible in that it will invariably be based on consideration of more scorecards and from playing a variety of golf courses. Whereas a club handicap can be based on as few as three cards from your 'home' course in a 12 month period.
2/ TSG uses the UK SSS (Standard Scratch Score) or US Course Rating & Slope from the Score Card as opposed to calculating it based on the scores from a particular competition on a specific day.
3/ TSG allows you to switch between UK and USGA Calculation Methods (there can be a wide difference)
In summary, a TSG Handicap Certificate is acknowledged as being correctly and accurately calculated and is therefore accepted by most clubs who require a handicap certificate as proof of your playing standard BUT it is likely that for entry onto *some* golf clubs and entry into *some* Open Golf Competitions they will demand a handicap issued from a CONGU or USGA Affiliated Golf Club (so please check with the Golf Club Secretary when booking).
Finally, handicaps offered on other websites, cannot be better than a TSG Handicap Certificate so don't be tempted to pay extra for one when the TSG Handicap Tracking System and TSG Handicap Certificate comes as part of your TSG PRO Membership.