Crown Golf Partners

Golf Forums - electric trolley Motocaddy or GoKart

electric trolley Motocaddy or GoKart Options
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 1:38:16 PM
Handicap: 27
Bucks
Pro Member

After resisting this for many years I've decided to get an electric trolley. I've narrowed down my options to two models Motocaddy S1 (£299) or automatic GoKart (£299 again).

Any reccommendation from the TSG community?

Janusz
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:26:48 PM
Handicap: 28
Middlesex
Pro Member

Hello,

I am the proud and happy owner of Motorcaddy S1 with the posh Lithium battery (charges in no time & I believe I could do 36 holes with no charge), an investment I dont regret. The lithium battery is also lighter.

Very easy to fold unfold, wheels come off very simply if car  boot not big enough for all your golf stuff., easy/peasy on/off switch with distance control.

Th battery plugs/unplugs and lifts off so easily.

I might not be as light as other electric trolley but quality & sturdiness it excels.

I too ,like you, resisted a long time before buying my  electric trolley, I only wish I bought it sooner, save your shoulders and energy to put into your game.

Addition: there may be lighter electric trolleys but may not be as sturdy as Motorcaddy.

Hope the above helps.  There was something posted on the same subject a few months ago.

Brigitte
(I hope your read my reviews)
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:43:41 PM
Handicap: 28
Kent

Hi Janusz

i have the motto caddie S3 pro and although it is only supposed to do 18 I can get 36 out if it. This model also has the measuring ability which I use if I actually hit a straight and decent drive. I can also send it off on its own up to 50 yards I think. You can charge an iPhone etc from it as well, time your round, time the 5 minutes for when you loose a ball etc and turn all these things off when in competition so your not cheating!!!

im really pleased with it but one thing I would warn you about is the cost of all the addons. You have to get the mootocaddie attachment station bracket and then a motocaddie umbrella housing, which only fits a motto caddie umbrella etc. well you don't have to ofcourse but no point having a trolley if you can't fit an umbrella to it really. I bought everything and with the hedgehog wheels and covers etc i added a good £200 on to the cost of the trolley. I now don't use half of it like drinks holder, phone bracket. My own silly fault of course.

However I have found their customer service very helpful and when my cart bag needed changing a few months after I bought it they sent me to the nearest retailer and swapped it no questions asked.
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:48:33 PM
Handicap: 27
Bucks
Pro Member

Many thanks for your comments.

I decided to get a GoKart and used the trolley first time today.

It is a fantastic golfing equipment, very robust, very functional and the automatic speed control is very easy to operate.

They give you a 28 day try period but I am not going to sent it back.

Janusz