Crown Golf Partners

Golf Forums - My handicap has been messed up

My handicap has been messed up Options
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:14:18 AM
Handicap: 28
Kent

I entered a card yesterday after the SES game in Epsom. Surprisingly this kept my handicap at 23. Being nosey I thought I would see what I would be under the American system. This jumped me to 28.9. I went back to the correct system and this has now jumped me up to 25.1 and also added two extra points to my score for Epsom.

Help please.

i tried de selecting all my previous scores and then adding them one at a time
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:15:19 PM
Handicap: 23
Herts
Pro Member

I saw mine was out by 0.3 or so a few rounds back - did the same to have a nose at the US system, put it back to the UK one and it then reported it correctly.

Before I checked the US one it was reporting slightly wrongly, but not enough to actually change my handicap in reality (it was gonna be 19 either way, at the time).

It's definitely correct now though.
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 10:52:34 PM
Handicap: 13
Essex

Ash, it looks like there may have been an unfortunate 'glitch' in the system here, as somehow you have been reported as scoring an 'ace' at Epsom, although your card doesn't show a hole-in-one.

Currently your handicap is 25.1 which is correct according to the 13 cards you've entered ..... but this would be with an initial handicap of 24.

You say that your h'cap remained at 23 after entering the Epsom card and also that 2 points have been added to that score after re-entering all your cards.   This would indicate that your original h'cap (when joining TSG) was 22 ?   If this is the case, your handicap should now be 23.1.

To make the correction, you will have to make a manual adjustment - on your 'My Profile' page, or delete all the cards again, adjust handicap to 22 and then re-enter each card in order, which should get you back to 23.1.

Regrettably this doesn't explain how or why the error occurred, but I hope it will fix your handicap.   As for that 'phantom' hole-in-one ....... don't buy the drinks yet!! 

#4 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 5:44:14 PM
Handicap: 16
Essex
Pro Member

Hi Guys  - a similar thing happened to me last year - wanted to see what the USGA handicap would be - for a planned trip to the US.  When I switched back to the UK version my handicap was also 'adjusted'  which was a bit of a pain as I had played that day and claimed a winning score based on the handicap of that morning.  

Some initial investigations were made and as a result at the time I believed that one or more courses had had their scorecards adjusted since I had last played there.  This in turn was taken into account when the UK handicaps were again calculated.

The guess was that all listed scores would be recalculated based on the scorecards of courses at the current dates which may have changed since scores had been originally recorded.

I think I identified a course that had changed its scorecard and if I took out the offending scores all reverted back to what I expected.

I have since avoided the temptation to see what my USGA handicap would be...
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2013 5:46:53 PM
Handicap: 28
Kent

I hope this is the case as I definitely got cut to 23 at one point and very annoying that I went back up to 25 at a click of a button.

i have worked out that every time I have played Sunbury that when I put it on here it gives me one more point than what I scored. I do know how to score before anyone suggests that and I don't get it wrong at any other course.
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2013 6:51:48 PM
Handicap: 18
Bedfordshire
Pro Member

Ash

Silly question I know, but you did check the card against the TSG card, that the stroke indices marry up?

jb
#7 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 6:49:31 PM
Handicap: 18
Essex
Pro Member

Hi Ash,

John is right, the most common error that occurs on TSG is not the handicap system being wrong but the informatiion that is entered into it. If the SSS has changed since the last time the course was played, then it will effect how many points you score on the day!

Similar thing has happened to me, so its always worth checking the Course Scorecards and TSG stats marry up.

:-)