Crown Golf Partners

Golf Forums - "local" TSG

"local" TSG Options
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:10:11 PM
Handicap: 12
North London
Pro Member

Just FYI when I go to the homepage and select "My local TSG" top left I get a lot of messages about people joining the site "in my area" but despite living in North London "my area" apparently includes Devon,  and Washington state.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2013 10:15:45 PM
Handicap: 15
East Sussex
Pro Member

me too This has been happening for several months now, also I am still having to log on each time i visit the site,
#3 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 10:00:42 AM
Handicap: 0
Essex
Pro Member

Hi Steve,

Apologies for the slow response..... can you tell us which browser you are using and we'll check to see why the issue is occurring.... as it may be a browser issue. IE, Chrome, Firefox etc.

Roger, with regards the login, alas, this has remained for the time being as a security prevention. This is commonplace amoung most websites on the net, as it prevents any threats from any pesky robots etc. Please accept our apologies for this inconvienve but it is there for now to protect us all.

Ps If you have any issues with the site, please email us at theteam@thesocialgolfer.com as we will respond quicker to these messages than via the forums.

I hope that helps!

Kind Regards

Ian & The TSG Team
----------------------------

#4 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 11:53:53 AM
Handicap: 15
East Sussex
Pro Member

Hi Ian ,
Great I understand the reasons, the browser I use is chrome
#5 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 9:06:32 PM
North London
Pro Member

I've tested with chrome, firefox and internet explorer, same problem. No big deal, just thought I'd let you know.

Incidentally I write web applications for a living and if this issue is browser-specific I would be very surprised indeed. It's just a bug.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:44:47 PM
Essex
Pro Member

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the clarification....

I have passed on the info to the development team, so hopefully they will recify asap.

Back soon...

Regards

Ian
The TSG Team
---------------------

#7 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 9:38:52 PM
North London
Pro Member

I've found a few other issues. If I should be reporting these somewhere else please let me know.

- go to find courses/search. The default tab is 'by club name'. Enter a part of a club name and click 'search'. You get an empty map and no golf courses.

- find a golf course and view the details. There is a list of TSG members who play that course. If there are more than 12 you need to 'view all' to see them. Doing so brings up a page with 'Page title not set' and no content.

#8 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 9:41:52 PM
North London
Pro Member

Oh, one other thing. And this is most important.

On the 'My TSG' page there is an October leaderboard which defaults to 'worldwide' and 'stableford'. It fails to show my score of 41 on 1st October.

I'm considering legal action!

#9 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 11:45:25 PM
Handicap: 27
Middlesex
Pro Member

Hi Steve,

I believe you need to have played 3 games (ie. entered 3 cards) before you are "eligible" on board the Leaderboard...

It Iooks like  you have recently joined the TSG and you may not have played your 3 games yet., but don't worry,   I am sure your time will come and you will be the proud owner of the very exclusive green TSG towel.

Happy golfing
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2013 10:52:36 AM
North London
Pro Member

Actually that game was the 7th of the 8 games I've entered.

I'm a programmer and the fact that there might be a bug bothers me much more than not appearing on the leaderboard ;)

#11 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 1:53:54 PM
Essex
Pro Member

Hi again Steve,

Wow! You have been busy, you've found the two pages in the system where we have bugs out of a total of 33k+ pages and in your first month of the site, Glenn our Developer will be over the moon to know he has someone else out there doing his ‘testing’ for him!

However, I must clarify a few points:

- Firstly, the reason your Scorecards have not appeared on the Leaderboard to date, is that new PRO members are required to enter TEN cards into the Handicap system before you are eligible for the monthly honours. This is designed to prevent new joiners with unproven Handicap’s, from dominating the Leaderboard from the off -  so NO bug there OR the need for any legal action! :-)

- Secondly, having investigated the 'search course' pages we can find no errors in the code. We have tested this across all browsers and there are no problems showing. Perhaps it is a local issue (Maybe your cookies?) In fact, we have never received any complaint regards this part of the site until your email. Of course, we will happily continue to investigate further, if you can provide us with some more information/screengrabs etc. This we will pass to Glenn immediately.
- With regards to the ‘Members who play at this course regularly”, you ARE correct, this page does have a bug but we are aware of it and is on the ‘to do’ list. However, it is low on the priorities right now as we are currently concentrating our efforts on improving sites speeds and preparing for a move to new upgraded server (all part of the growing pains of any site) at which time many of these little bugs will be ironed out.

- The My TSG vs My Friends Menu issue - as mentioned above we are working on this.

- Finally, as stated in our original forum response (see above), we ask that members notify us of any site errors found, by emailing us at theteam@thesocialgolfer.com. This is where will are able to respond the quickest to member queries/feedback and keeps the forums free for generic discussions rather than individual member issues.

As our more established members know, we try our very best to correct any site errors as quickly and efficiently as we can and are always pleased to hear feedback regarding the site (good and bad). However, we ask you to be patient too, we are a relatively small team and while we do not have the budgets of Facebook or Twitter to play with, we do try our best to provide all our members with as good a service as we can, whilst keeping the site affordable for all.
I hope this clarifies the points you have raised and we hope these issues have not prevented you from enjoying the overall service we provide!
We look forward to hearing your feedback via the email address above.
Best Regards

Ian & The TSG Team
----------------------------

#12 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 2:27:33 PM
North London
Pro Member

Thanks for the explanation, and apologies for missing that email address, I'll use that if I spot anything else.