Crown Golf Partners

Golf Forums - St Cleres Hall Golf Club........News.....Good News....

St Cleres Hall Golf Club........News.....Good News.... Options
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:51:45 PM
Handicap: 27
Middlesex
Pro Member

The above course sadly closed in February 14  for Housing development......
Today I received an email regarding the 9 hole course with " greens that run fast and true ".......& complete refurbishment of the driving range, with new bays, carpet, paint, and brand new golf balls.
Might be worth a visit , whoever is local to Stanford Le Hope.
The Clubhouse listing building was very interesting , had a resident Ghost (that for DJ), not sure whether golfers still have access to the building.
So if anyone finds out anymore, or visits, please update us on the Forum.
The End....

#2 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 7:43:15 PM
Handicap: 18
Essex

Hi Brigitte, it was my local course, and a good test of golf. The Par 3 is still open and in very good condition, it's where I practice my short game and have regular lessons with the St Clere's pro. It's only 9 holes, and the length of the holes vary between 76 yds and 181 yds, some greens are well above the tee and some below. The only thing missing are bunkers which are planned very soon ( they may have been put in already as it is a few weeks since my last visit). The range has had new carpets and a lick of paint, there are several targets to aim at up to 220 yds. Well worth a visit if you are in the area and have an hour to spare. Give me a shout if you fancy a round and I'll join you. It's £6 a round or £10 all day.
All the best .
Terry
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 4:35:24 PM
Middlesex
Pro Member

Who Terry,
Thanks for updating... What I still don't know, is the Par three course you are writing about a different entity to what was the 18 holes course I used to know, or have 9 holes being kept for the course you are talking about..
also do you know the destiny of what was the Clubouse, the lovely listed building with marvellous paintings, wooden fireplace , carvings etc.....
When next in Essex and have time, I shall pay a visit & try a game. Will be in touch.
Thanks again & kind regards.
Brigitte 
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 6:12:37 PM
Handicap: 18
Essex

The Par 3 was separate from the 18 hole course. As for the club house, it is now the office for the house builders. So no breakfast anymore. The Pro has a small shop on the driving range with the essentials like sweets and hot and cold drinks, also balls, some clothes and gloves.
Hope this helps Brigitte.
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2015 6:44:15 PM
Middlesex
Pro Member

That is great update, thank you Terry
All the best
Brigitte