Crown Golf Partners

Golf Forums - On course aggresive behaviour

On course aggresive behaviour Options
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:52:18 PM
Handicap: 25
Hampshire
Pro Member

Has anyone noticed an increase in on course aggression? Twice in my last 3 rounds there have been incidents of completely unnecessary aggresive behaviour towards my playing group. Also I have noticed an increase in balls being hit whilst players are in range and a lack of cries of "fore" in many cases
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2018 11:57:57 PM
Handicap: 15
Essex
Pro Member

I haven't noticed any increase in aggressive behaviours against groups I am playing with... More and more I see a more tolerant approach to payers of green fees... I used to see a lot of balls coming our way - very few without 'Fore' notifications... although some that wide it would have been embarrassing to lay claim to them. Perhaps it is personal - after all you make a good target. Rgds
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:40:43 AM
Handicap: 19
uk
Pro Member

Cant say ive seen any worse behaviour compared to any other year Mike, although Mr Archer's rant at himself at West Cliff last week was a side of him ive not seen before
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:59:12 AM
Handicap: 14
Kent
Pro Member

My mate, Roy, got his wallet out in the Clubhouse bar once, but felt so guilty about his aggressive behaviour, he's never done it again :-)
#5 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 5:11:50 PM
Handicap: 20
UK

I have not noticed any aggressive behaiour, but very rarely do i hear any shouts of 'FORE' on wayward shots. 

I'm know to shout fore even if the ball is 50 yards short of people! 

#6 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 7:46:01 AM
Handicap: 12
West of London
Pro Member

Dead right Mike... Only yesterday I found myself ducking for cover 4 times as the group behind hit balls all over the place and only once shouted 4.
I confronted them in the clubhouse and was met with laughter. 
The opinion, it wasn't me that hit it, fell on deaf ears with me as anyone in the fourball can shout and should, as often the player hitting is head down in annoyance to notice. 

I guess they were just bad golfers with no etiquette or social skills? 

The annoying bit was... I'm sure I recognised all 4 of them??? 

#7 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2019 4:54:15 PM
Handicap: 20
essex
Pro Member

Jesus wept, to have that happen once in a round is bad enough, but four times and then confronted with laughter. Its very difficult to know what to do for the best in this situation. I suppose you could bring it to the attention of the pro shop, again not sure what they can really do about it. If it's a decent club then I suppose you could write a letter to the President informing he or she of this unsavoury behavour, maybe supply a car registration plate for them to work with if you happen to notice it.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 7:51:08 AM
Handicap: 25
Hampshire
Pro Member

What you don't realise Gary is that these players were actually aiming for you but being such poor golfers failed to hit their target as usual. The fact that they only got near to you 4 times in the round is testament to that 
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:26:57 PM
Handicap: 12
West of London
Pro Member

Good call Martin

Michael, can I have your car reg please?